7 Tips to Track Your Nutrition And Help You Enjoy A Healthier Diet
Are you eating healthy food? When was the last time you were asked this, and by whom? If you stay away from her, the first person would be your mom. Otherwise, it could be your next-door neighbor, your gym buddy, or anyone else, for that matter. But the question remains the same. Why? Because eating healthy, especially in the current context, is highly essential.
This blog will discuss why healthy eating is essential and how you can track your nutrition optimally.
Let’s start with the basics!
What is Eating Healthy?
Eating healthy is nothing but having balanced, nutrition-rich food at periodic intervals throughout the day. Eating healthy also includes the consumption of optimum levels of fluids, again at regular intervals, that can facilitate proper metabolism. This is essential for your overall health, wellness, and fitness.
Now, let’s discuss which foods are deemed healthy food.
What is Healthy Food?
While everyone emphasizes healthy eating, what foods must be a part of your routine meal plan?
An assortment of healthy foods to eat every day typically includes
- Fruits and leafy, green veggies
- Low-carb whole grains
- Fat-free milk and milk products
- Protein-rich foods such as seafood, lean meats, poultry, etc.
- Foods low in sodium, added sugars, saturated fats, and preservatives
Now, let’s learn why adopting good eating habits is imperative today.
Why Opt for Good Eating Habits?
From time immemorial, nutrition has been linked with overall wellness. This fact stands significant today as well. However, in the constant urge of today’s fast-paced life, sedentary lifestyles are gaining ground. Eating packaged, preservative-rich food and takeaways from restaurants has become a trend and a convenience for today’s millennials. However, the early onset of lifestyle diseases such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, certain kinds of cancer, and heart and kidney diseases is worrying. And the consumption of healthy food accompanied by controlled yet continuous physical activities and healthy lifestyle practices can help curb the challenges.
All of these being stressed, let’s understand how you can ensure healthy eating by tracking your daily nutrition in an optimal manner.
Here are some of the succinct benefits of tracking your nutrition every day.
#1 - Mindfulness - How often do you think about what you eat before eating anything? Quite rare? Given the fast-paced nature of today’s life, this makes sense. But you should not let it fly. Tracking your nutrition and ensuring that you resort to healthy eating and good eating habits enhances your mindfulness about your daily food intake.
#2 - Gauge Your Eating Habits - Often seen your grandparents eating breakfast and their other meals of the day eating at the right time? Have you ever observed how balanced their platter looks? Well, if you haven’t yet, you should NOW! Good eating habits are key to ensuring your holistic wellness. And chalking out a daily plan of what you eat, when you eat, and how many calories you consume each day can help you maintain good health at all times.
#3 - Balance Your Nutrition - Keeping a daily journal of what you eat and how many calories each meal contains can help you balance your nutrition daily. If you go overboard for a certain meal in a day, the daily food journal can help you balance the other meals of the day.
7 Tips to Track Your Nutrition:
Tracking your nutrition may seem time-consuming. But taking a step in the right direction can streamline everything. Here’s how to maintain good health by tracking your nutrition with these easy steps.
- Adopt a nutrition-first approach - As the age-old adage goes, “prevention is better than care.” Why go on a strict gym regimen or tax yourself beyond the limit when an assorted nutrition plan can help you be active, fit, and healthy? Unless you follow a plain Jane diet chart daily, your meals must be dynamic at times, making it highly essential to track your nutrition. Make a journal, take out a few minutes every day, and make entries about what you’re eating. Trust us; later, you will thank us for your better health and good eating habits.
- Understand your Nutrition Objective and Goal - It’s a given that you would love the nutrition-first approach rather than a taxing gym regimen. However, let’s go logically about this. Understand why you are doing this and what mileage you are going to get out of this in the short and long run. Setting up your nutrition goal and objectives can help you stay on track and make necessary adjustments in the case of a detour easily and effectively.
- Rely on Reminders - Forgetfulness has become one of the common challenges of our current lives. Won’t you agree? We might have a thousand and one tasks that need our attention daily, and at times, sitting with your nutrition journal may seem like a task that can be pushed to the back burner. Well, let’s put a stop to this procrastination or known/unknown/unplanned ignorance. Set reminders on your mobile or emails or with physical sticky notes to keep your nutrition and nutrition plan balanced.
- Plan A didn’t work? Go for Plan B or C - Your days can be dynamic. They may go way out of your plan. So, what do you do? Do you have backup plans ready? Yes? The same goes for your nutrition. Make notes of your daily diet; if required, take photographs and adhere to the laid-out diet plan no matter the circumstances. Keep healthy foods to eat every day handy at all times. Your body deserves this! Let’s make it happen.
- Honesty is the Biggest Virtue - Ever heard of this famous adage? Well, this holds true for your nutrition. There are times when you might be eating alone. You might feel like letting go with nobody watching over your shoulder or across from you. You might feel like cheating. Well, no matter how tempting the idea may seem. Just don’t. Be honest with your diet plan.
- Learn to say NO - Saying NO to unhealthy foods is appreciable. At the same time, saying NO to other aspects is important too. For instance, you cannot meet an unrealistic goal at a certain point, or letting go of highly healthy food as it’s not suiting your body is also essential. Stay tuned to your body’s needs and act accordingly.
- Seek Specialist Help - You can consult dieticians or nutritionists to ensure the nutrition plan drawn for you is the right one for you. If you are working with a personal trainer, discussing the dos and don’ts with him/her can also help your healthy eating journey.
Top-notch personal trainers leverage FitBudd’s pre-bundled exercise library, food library, unlimited video uploads, and other key features to ensure that you work towards and cherish your holistic health.
Book a Free Demo and watch the platform in action for yourself!
Discover the Best Resources For Personal Trainers
Download FREE E-books and Templates to Boost Your Business's GrowthDownload Now for Free
These functional templates have the power to make any fitness trainer's life easier.