The fitness industry is booming, with over 330 thousand personal training jobs forecasted in the US by 2026. Now more than ever, it seems like a great time to start your own business as an independent trainer!
Starting a personal training business is not difficult, but without the right plan, it can be much more challenging than you think. This ultimate guide will help you avoid common pitfalls and save money so that your new venture has an excellent chance of success from day one!
In this article, you'll learn:
- Types of Personal Training Business: How to create popular online personal trainer business plans.
- How To Become a Successful Personal Trainer: With these first steps set, it's time to get started on becoming one!
What is an online personal trainer?
An Online Personal Trainer is a coach that helps you/clients get in shape from the comfort of their own home.
The online personal training industry is flourishing, and there are many different categories to choose from. Some start as private personalized programs for clients who want customized workouts tailored specifically to them.
Others may provide PDF fitness manuals with detailed descriptions on how to perform each exercise effectively in order not only to maintain a healthy lifestyle but also to lose weight if needed. These can either be non-personalized PDF fitness programs (so no one has specific guidance) or fully personalized ones.
Types of online fitness businesses:
- Personal training: One-on-one live workouts where a personal trainer demonstrates exercises and trains clients as they work out. It usually takes place through a video call. These sessions are designed based on the client’s goals and what helps them achieve results efficiently.
- Group coaching: A layout wherein the online trainer takes live sessions with a group of clients who like to attend classes together from their homes at an affordable rate. Because you can train more clients simultaneously, this model can help you build a community of like-minded people and expands your reach to more clients.
- Pre-recorded assets: For clients who prefer a self-paced approach, vis-a-vis live one, a pre-recorded workout video or a PDF schedule works excellently. This virtual training model allows your clients the convenience of working out according to their schedules. For such clients, you can prepare a video library to reduce time spent building workout schedules.
- Hybrid model: You don't have to follow just one model. Depending on the nature of your fitness business, you can create your virtual training model by combining two or more of the coaching methods mentioned above. For instance, you can take live group sessions on certain days of the week and give your clients pre-recorded workout videos for the other days.
Finding your Niche
The fitness industry is competitive, and it's essential to know your niche. You should decide what area you're good at, which will help make sure that only clients who are interested in working out for this specific goal come into contact with you--and then provide them services tailored towards their needs!
So you've decided to take the next step and become an online personal trainer? That's awesome!
The first thing that needs doing is setting up your workstation, which will include everything from creating a training plan for clients (or friends) with specific exercises they should do each day to creating meal guidelines.
Good Internet connection - To take advantage of today's technology and stay competitive, it is crucial for any business with an online presence to have a dependable internet connection. It becomes even more critical for those planning on taking live sessions!
Technical Equipment - There are abundant additional resources around fitness on the internet, like workout videos, healthy recipes, do's and don'ts guides, etc. To stand out, you must produce content that solves the problem of your 'ideal client' and helps them in their fitness journey. Ensure that the quality of your videos is top-notch. Further, the instructions or demonstration should be clear and easily understandable in the case of pre-recorded tutorials.
Workout space - Your workout space should be clean, free from distractions, and have natural light. It will help create a professional online personal training session for clients watching your videos!
Technology You Need for a Successful Online Fitness Business
Consider taking your business online for virtual training services. You will be able to offer an all-inclusive, bite-sized course that can fit into anyone’s lifestyle without the hassle or time commitment of in-person classes!
The thought may seem daunting at first, but don't let those fears stop you from making a positive step forward in today’s game-changing health & fitness world. By offering personalized workouts tailored just right around what your clients need most- when it's convenient for them (and their busy schedule) you can attract more potential clients for your business.
Now that you have your workstation ready and clients lined up, the most significant component of your online fitness business becomes clear: how do you manage it?
You might consider using spreadsheets, email, and google drive links to deliver workout videos or even WhatsApp chats! But that sounds too complicated, right?
Don't worry! We have got you covered.
FitBudd enables you to deliver an exclusive coaching experience to all your clients online with your custom-branded fitness app.
It offers 100+ cutting-edge features for you to deliver not just an interactive workout experience but also create nutrition plans, track performance, store clients’ workout details, engage with them, and much more!
From design to development and updates, FitBudd will assist you at every step of the way.
These focus areas are essential in putting your fitness business in the digital landscape. Transitioning your fitness business to a digital model will serve you well. It will not only help during this particular crisis but will also be beneficial in the long run.
Name it. Brand it. Launch it.
Get assistance at every step of the way, from design to development and updates. FitBudd gives you the power of your fitness app and unprecedented strength to your fitness business.
What are you waiting for? Take your clients online & grow your business with your own fitness app and more.