The holidays seem to sneak upon us, and before we know it, we're in the thick of it. There are parties, family gatherings, and festivities everywhere!
The season makes it easier for your clients to neglect their health during the holiday season.
This, however, does not have to be the case. Why not work towards making the holiday season a little healthier for your clients?
After all, the best piece of advice out there is to always put your health first.
Ways to help your clients get through the holiday season without compromising their health and fitness.
1. Consistent workout schedule
As the holidays approach, it’s your responsibility to assist your clients in being consistent with their workout routine.
Following are some suggestions to stir motivation in your clients
1. Setting Weekly Goals: Developing weekly goals will be beneficial for you and your clients to determine the amount of time they will have to commit to exercise in the following week. Because some weeks may be busier than others, setting small, realistic goals (for example, working out two days or attending three fitness classes in the next week) might help your clients adhere to them more efficiently even with a busy schedule.
2. Sending Motivating Reminders: To engage and motivate clients at the same time, apart from the regular check-ins, it's best practice to send friendly reminders now and then. You can do it via text messages, emails, social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, or even push notifications on your fitness app.
3. Offering Quick Workouts: Provide 20-30 minute express workouts as a brief gym or online training option. These workouts are perfect for your clients who are short on time but still want to indulge in a fitness session or guided workout.
4. Sending pre-recorded videos: Pre-recorded workout video content is a quick and easy approach to help your clients stay consistent. Your clients will no longer have an excuse to skip a workout by saying that they forgot which exercise they needed to do or that they didn't know how to do a specific exercise. (Click here to read more about pre-recorded videos)
2. Keeping Oneself Hydrated
The festive season necessitates everyone to be on their toes all the time. It's more vital than ever to drink adequate water, especially with hectic schedules, celebratory beverages, and chilly weather drying out the skin. Hence to avoid getting restlessness, ensure that your clients stay hydrated. You can make them aware of the importance and ask them to keep an eye on their water intake or add phone reminders to stay mindful.
More news: Staying hydrated helps control cravings for snacks and sweets and reduces the chances of overeating.
3. Prioritising Rest and Healthy Eating
With all of the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, getting enough rest can be difficult. Encourage your clients to prioritize rest, eat healthy food, and keep track of their sleep cycle. Taking a warm bath before bed, meditating for 15 minutes a day, or sipping a cup of beverage can help one reach a balance point.
Because adequate rest is what keeps one going, make sure your clients listen to their bodies and get enough quality sleep to make the holiday season even more enjoyable.
4. Holiday Fitness Challenges
A fun and engaging holiday fitness challenge can help your clients stay on track with their health and fitness goals. Motivate your clients to join these special holiday fitness workouts and invite their friends and family to participate as well. This will be an excellent way to strengthen existing client connections while laying the groundwork for new ones.
During the new year, holiday fitness challenges are an excellent way to strengthen customer relationships while also expanding your fitness business. It assists in motivating your clients because everyone in the group works toward the same objective and supports one another and prepare for different exercises.
5. Nail every opportunity
If you can't seem to find a way to work out, get creative and find ways to exercise your body in whatever manner you can to avoid those extra pounds of weight gain after the holiday season. Few creative ideas are given:
1. Go for a quick walk in the morning/evening or at night. By just going for a walk you get stronger bones, witness a significant reduction in stress level, less body fat, lose weight and increase muscle strength. Walking stimulate the release of endorphins, known as the “happy hormone.”
2. If your family members/friends are sitting around watching a movie, you can exercise at that time too! Simply do some sit-ups or push-ups, jumping jacks or single-leg squats on the floor.
3. Try keeping a plank posture for 30 seconds while hanging out with the kids, working your way up to a minute. Teach your children how to do the move and switch sides after a minute to encourage one another. You can also set up a game of football, tag, or hide and seek to keep the festive fitness vibe going.
4. Offer to help with housecleaning activities like Vacuuming with your knees slightly bent for the maximum benefit of working out and a half squat, Scrubbing surfaces that burn 4 calories a minute), or dusting shelves and washing windows which burns 6 calories per minute.
While many holidays involve hours spent watching movies or sitting in a car, coach or train, these tips will ensure that you nail all these opportunities to stay fit and healthy.
We hope this blog brings value to you and your clients to stay on track this holiday season and allow them to focus on the most important aspect of the season: relaxing and enjoying the festivities with family and friends.
These tips will help your clients get into the holiday spirit and stay active this season. With FitBudd, you can deliver an interactive workout experience to your clients that will keep them motivated and engaged while working out.